We managed to get a three hour nap before our appointment this afternoon. Although it only felt like 30 minutes, we got up, showered, dressed and went to get our "permission slip". We learned quite bit of interesting news. First, we are the first Down Syndrome adoption in this region. This was news to us, but they were very excited about the possibility of changing the view of DS in this region. They said 9 years ago, Americans started coming here to adopt children with HIV. At the time, no one adopted those children domestically. Now, they do. They are hoping to see the same effect based on our adoption!
Second, Wilson had his heart surgery last year and is doing well. What a blessing!
Thirdly, they said he is starting to speak, he crawls, and can walk while holding someone's hand. And he smiles a lot. I love that! Oh, and I almost forgot his birthday is the same as my uncle's. He must be a very special boy! Well, we already knew that.
8 comments:
Oh, I'm so happy you're there safely and get to meet him so soon! I am praying for you! If you see Sergei G (he's 5) can you try to get a picture or find out how he's doing? I was his Christmas Warrior and pray for him every day. I"m so happy that you are where he is and might see him. I'm so afraid that he'll be tranferred soon, but am not in a position to adopt him. I just love him and all the kiddos in 9. Thanks and good luck! Debby dpasho at homtmail dot com
oh, Jamie...he is a doll baby!
I LOVE his smiles, they brought me to tears. Praise God!
Misty
Those pics are AWESOME!!! What a sweet smile! Can't wait to celebrate his birthday at our next Fall Fest!!
Love and miss you!
Oh, those are GREAT pics!! I'm SO excited for you!!
AHHHHH LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. Can't wait to see you guys with him tomorrow. How fantastic that you guys will open up the door to ds adoptions in that region! WOO HOO!
oh jamie and mike! he is precious!! i can hardly wait for the next post! sending prayers and love your way.
It is great to hear that you are there safely. We can't wait to see the new pictures. We continue to pray for you all.
I KNEW that God would use this sweet boy! First Ds adoption, that is big stuff! Go change the hearts and minds of everyone in that region, Wilson. Love the pictures!! Praying for the entire Wooddell family. Can't wait to see pictures of you all loving on that little boy!
Sarah
Post a Comment