
Our evenings have changed lately. Other than Cub Scouts and the God and Me class for scouts, we are home every evening. Used to, we didn't do much. Typically, one of the kids would be on the computer. Mike would be watching T.V. Max might be playing X-box. And I would normally be reading or cleaning or joining Mike in front of the television. But, every since Christmas all that is changed.
Mike and Max now have instruments to learn to play. And they are working very hard at it. Mike is determined to learn to play "I'll Fly Away" (his favorite hymn) and Max is wanting to tackle something simple like "Dueling Banjos"!
Well, Max has now learned three chords and Mike can play one scale and four chords. They are moving right along. Max's main goal is to be able to have an old fashioned sing along at our family reunion in June. So, Jimmy, get ready! It's gonna be a great time!!
3 comments:
I'll bring my tamborine!! Max looks so "old" in that photo - he's starting to scare me. I always thought it was SO silly for the grownups to say, "I wish I could put a brick on her head." Now I know why! Can't wait for the singalong!
I was thinking the same thing - Max looks OLD in that pic. Yikes! I got to hear his strumming - pretty impressive. I'm proud of how much he's learned in a short time.
Way to go, Max!
Just found your blog...I'll add it to my daily blog readings. P.S. We have the exact same couches as ya'll. Heather
Post a Comment